So I'm officially down to three months left with this pregnancy (due May 24th). I'm hoping she'll come a little early too (I'm antsy). For now it seems like 3 months is enough time to get fully prepared (with the "supplies", the room and mentally), but I know it will go fast.
My Stepmom, Mary, is really into interior decorating and has been helping a lot with the nursery details which is great. One of her friends is making a quilt for the baby which is so sweet. Our nursery colors are gray, turquoise and coral. Mary has a thing for birds and I have a thing for animals in general, so there are a lot of those. Below you'll see some watercolor prints of animals from storybooks that I picked up about 3 years ago from a garage sale for 50-cents each! They've been waiting to be painted white and then hung in a nursery ever since.
Here are some other inspirations:
1. Up in the Air Fabric for the quilt and crib bumper (and possibly curtains)
2. I really love this print from The Wheatfield Etsy Shop
3. I already ordered some of these cool wall book shelves like the ones seen here on Daffodil Design, I can't wait to get them hung up!
4. Mary actually ordered these Birds of Flight from Gradinroad to go behind the crib and I love them!
5. We got this South Shore Changing Table from Amazon and R assembled it a few days ago. I specifically wanted one with removable knobs so we could get cute knobs from Anthropologie or World Market.
6. Beautiful nursery inspiration from Belle Maison. I'd love to do a gallery wall above the changing table.
So that is how the room looks now (left). The walls were already painted gray when we moved in which is perfect. Oddly, this is the only room in the house (other than the attic) with carpet. It's a neutral gray and nice and comfy, so good for crawling around! To the right are the watercolor prints I got a few years ago. I'm going to paint the frames white to match the crib and changing table.
I am still looking for the right rocking chair. I'll probably end up with a Craigslist find and get a chair pad for it.
It's been really fun putting it all together, I can't wait to see how it all turns out (and share here of course). Have a great week!